They say the clothes make the man…or the woman. Of course we all know that there is a lot more to a person than how they dress. Although I have to admit that dressing up in nice clothes makes me feel confident and good about myself especially when going on a date. Thrift shops are a great place to find inexpensive formal attire. But wearing the fancy duds on a date usually equates to a fancy restaurant or other venue with a steep bill. So what do you do if you are all dressed up and have nowhere to go? That you can afford anyway. Here are some ideas on how to get you started:
- Try going to a high end restaurant just for dessert, that’s the best part anyway.
- While I am not a proponent of fast food due to its lack of nutrition, I do think it would be fun to dress up and go to just a regular ole’ sandwich shop or café. You’ll be sure to turn a few heads!
- Eat dinner at home and then go out to a swanky dance club. A lot of nicer clubs have dress-to-impress standards and a minimal cover charge.
- If you want to get a little crazy you could even go bowling, to the mall or roller skating.
- Look for local theatre or comedy club performances. You often get first class entertainment for a lot less money. Here in Pullman you can visit Pullman Civic Theater or WSU Performing Arts website for local performances.
Unique and fun dates don’t have to cost a fortune and they create memories that will last a lifetime. So get all dressed up and let me know where you go!
Photo courtesy of derekandlana.com